Introducing ManUtd24’s ‘Retrospective’ series
Retrospective is a nostalgic series set up to celebrate Manchester United’s great past but with a twist; looking at the smaller things that cumulatively add (or negate) to the club’s illustrious history. Gradually, over the coming weeks and months, these pieces will appear on the blog – but we cannot do it without you. This is a collective project and we require submissions from readers.
The sort of pieces we’re looking for:
- Posts about forgotten, under appreciated players or even perceived flops; e.g Louis Saha, Juan Sebastian Veron or even Mark Bosnich. And then you also have the option of opening up about your affection with past heroes such as Ole Solskjaer or Ruud van Nistelrooy.
- Classic encounters – for example, Manchester United’s 6-1 drubbing of Arsenal in 2001 or even their drab 0-0 first leg draw to Barcelona in 2008 which had a significant meaning as it led United on their way to European success. Or you might want to recall the Red Devils’ ill-fated run in the Club World Championship in 2000. If you really want to.
- Classic duels that are now history – for example, the Roy Keane-Patrick Vieira battle that went to symbolise the great rivalry of the two dominating clubs of English football in the early 00’s; Manchester United and Arsenal. Or Fergie’s rivalry and mind games with the likes of Jose Mourinho, Rafa Benitez or maybe the gobby Kevin Keegan.
- Tactical trends, great individual performances and more; for instance, United’s daring 4-6-0 in the 07/08 campaign which allowed Sir Alex’s team to become the envy of Europe. Great kits of yesteryear or magical individual performances, a la Roy Keane in the ’99 semi final versus Juventus. Perhaps, the Yorke-Cole duopoly? You might even choose to reflect on the effect former no.2 Carlos Queiroz had on the team.
- And, of course, we’re open to your suggestions and ideas that aren’t mentioned here. Just give us a shout.
If you want to submit a post for this exciting project (it is exciting, right?), all your have to do email us your submission idea to manutd24.wordpress[at]gmail.com. Alternatively, you can enter your name, your (real) email address and your suggestion in the comments section. That’s it. Simples. And we’ll get back to you in a jiffy with further details, making it as easy as possible.
Obviously, ur ritten inglesh hass to bee good as well as prose. Why not give it a go? Good luck!